Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hey!!!!! Well this week was crazy! MY COMP LEFT ME!!!!!!! ahhhhh. Yep, we had changes and it was really sad because I really got along with my comp and we got so close and we were working so well together but such is life sometimes right. It was hard but now I am with my new companion and she is way cool too. Her name is Hermana Puyol and she is from Argentina. She speaks a little different than all the Central American people. She uses some words that I do not know but we always laugh about it and I tell her that her Spanish is really bad hahahaha. She tells me that mine is good because I talk like everyone else in Nicaragua... super funny. So that is our challenge right now... understanding words from Argentina. hahahah. No but she is awesome and we are teaching a ton. This week we taught over 30 lessons and it was amazing!!!!! We are not seeing a lot of people progressing and this alone is teaching us a lot of things. Like patience, humility, diligence, obedience, charity, love, faith. We are studying hard so that we can help this area. Our ward is very weak as well and so we are trying to help with a little of everything.


Yesterday during our class of gospel principles the Relief Society teacher came up and was like hey could you help me with the class today. I said sure how long do you want me to talk and about what.... hahahahahah she got all serious and was like no, what I meant to say is will you give the class today. BAHHHHHHH I was like um sure what is it on. Tithing she told me. Well I had one minute literally to plan my hour long lesson on tithing. THAT was cool. hahahah. But it actually worked out really well and I was able to make it last the whole hour. The mission really has helped me to be a better teacher. Even though it was hard I felt the influence of the spirit.


Last week we had that guy come to church and I really felt like he was ready to make the covenant of baptism... we visited him yesterday and I was soooo sad because he was laughing in our faces as we taught about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It was hard and I was getting really fired up as dad would say... but then we just decided to leave. It was one of the hardest lessons I have ever been in. But I know that we did our part and now he will be judged for rejecting Jesus Christ. Because like it says in the scriptures. when people reject the word of God they are rejecting Jesus Christ himself. But even though the area is very hard and we are barely finding anyone who wants to progress I know that there are people out there waiting to hear our message. I know that we will be blessed. I know that I am meant to be here. We are still Sister Leaders and there are still four of us. We are in charge of 11 companionships. It's all going well. Not sure if I will end the mission here or if I will have one more area. We will see. I hope all is well. I love you all soooo much!!!! LOVE COURT... aka Hermana Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment