Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August 26, 2013

Well, this week not a lot happened but we had changes. I am still in my same area with my same companion so she will be the one that kills me (as they say it here in mission terms). She was pretty excited about that. I am glad I didn't have to say bye to the members here. We brought 3 investigators to church yesterday. Two of them will be getting baptized soon so its nice to see some progress FINALLY! hahaha. After much tribulation come the blessings right.


Well. This week I witnessed a few strange things. First, I saw a lady wearing her garments and nothing else walk into the gas station. I seriously wanted to cry when I saw her because I couldn't believe how wrong that is. Then that same day I saw something super funny. We are teaching a farmer family and the guy had a chicken chained up to his tree but when it started to rain he ran over and untied it, picked up his chicken and threw it on top of his roof. It was so funny and I was laughing so hard. This week I also ran into someone from my first area, it was so great seeing him! We actually lived in his moms house in my first area that I loved so much, she would do our laundry and everything. They are not members so we taught him a little bit about baptism and it was a great opportunity to share the gospel with a loved one. Well, last night we watched The Best Two Years with a few members and they all loved it. They are going to help us out this week with some of our investigators. I am so excited to hear about your activity with that family. The members really do help the missionaries. Thank you for helping those missionaries, I know they are very grateful. Thanks for everything. I love you all and miss you so much! Until next week. Hermana Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment