Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 25, 2013

All that got baptized from the stake and the people who baptized them

Nelson´s baptism

My zone

Today we went to a cool museum

Some of the exhibits



I have gotten so strong

This is me and two girls whom I love very much

Some more of the Nicaragua Museum




I love slides

MOM AND DAD!!!!!!!!!! How are you guys!!!!! So yes, my language is progressing, slowly but surely. hahha. Also, yes my companion and I are always communicating in Spanish. The weather is absolutely incredible. Like I have never felt heat like this. hahahaha. It´s soooo hot. I guess in April it gets worse is what they are all saying. I do not want to be here for that. Speaking of heat. Yesterday it was 99 degrees here and we went to lunch in the mid day when it´s like the hottest time of the day and the lady who feeds us walks out and puts steaming hot soup on the table. I looked at her thinking this must be a joke... nope it sure was not. I have never sweat so much in my life. Steaming soup! My comp and I have not quit laughing and cracking jokes about the soup since. hahaha.


Well this week we have gone running everyday... this past week. And it has been a fun thing and actually helping to be more relaxed during the day so that is great. She is my first comp that has wanted to run with me so I need to take advantage of it. Well. dad, you asked a while ago how many missionaries are here. I am pretty sure my Pres. said there are 98 or 99 companionships. So that makes a whole bunch of missionaries doesn´t it.


Well GUESS WHAT!!!! I received a huge giant lovely package with my name on it. What a great day!!!!! I opened it up and marveled at everything and then I took out the little Preach my Gospel in Spanish because it was Hermana Creel´s birthday, and since I have one I decided to make her day. You should have seen her face when she opened the gift. She was like in tears. She really has been wanting one and there are not any here so thanks soooo much. You made someone very happy. ALSO, wow, I love the package. Thanks soooooo much. And the journal and the shirt... I love them! I am wearing the shirt today but I sealed back up the package so that I could open it for Easter. I loved the little home made bunnies and all the cute eggs and all the treats and notepad and letter and everything. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks I LOVED it. Made my whole week. Thanks!


So this week ended REALLY good. So our whole Stake put on a Stake baptismal service and so we all were working really hard to get a baptism so that we could help out too. And our one investigator always says she wants to get baptized but when we show up for her interviews she like hides or her family says she isn´t there. So we tried 4 times in the last 2 weeks and she wasn´t there. Then this week we had a member go over and see if she was there but she was out of there so fast. I was feeling so frustrated and didn´t know what to do. Then we were talking to our investigator Nelson and I said ok well on the 23 we have a baptism... I said this last week and then last Saturday he didn´t show up for his interview either. Some people were saying he will never get baptized if he just keeps hiding from the interviews and all that stuff. We decided to give him one last chance. So I called him and was like hey we are with the Elders and they want to do your interview. We´ll be over in 5 mintues... he said ok so we got the Elders over there sooo fast and basically gave him a short notice interview. It went sooooo long I was praying the whole time literally. Then our Zone leader walks out and he was like here is the information he is all ready for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So then we showed up on Saturday night and he was there early along with 13 other people that were getting baptized. The church was packed and it was soooo spiritual. It was awesome because a couple of the missionaries got to sing, and I was one of them. It was so beautiful and the spirit was definitely there with us. Nelson´s son came... he is 10 and after he saw his dad get baptized he turned to us and said soon will be my baptism. It was so cute. When my comp found out that Nelson was going to get baptized she started crying... her very first baptism. It was such a great experience.


I had the weirdest dream the other night that we were all at the house and it was for Thanksgiving so everyone was there and I had like a friend over or something so I couldn´t sleep upstairs with Lauren and I just kept saying but I want to be with my sister and then I started crying. In the dream I was like I miss my sister where is she. And everyone said she is upstairs in her room and then I ran upstairs, but then my alarm went off and I woke up and had tears streaming down my face. hahahahaha. Sad huh. I miss my little sister. And everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be sending dad´s birthday package probably this next Monday. It will prob be late but it will for sure come!!!!!!! Thanks for all your love and support. I miss you all sooo much and love you with all my heart. Stay strong and keep the faith. God loves each and every one of you. As do I. Love, Hermana Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment