Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013



Hair straightened


Marcella and Courtney

This week has been a lot better for me. I am still with my companion and she is doing a lot better. So this week was good. We had a baptisimal interview for this coming Saturday and his name is Julio Castillo. He is ready for his baptism this coming Saturday at 2 in the afternoon. He's the cutest little old man ever. He goes every Saturday to the church to index. He just loves indexing it is so cute. We were actually able to go this Saturday and do some indexing. I got a lot done and was pretty proud of myself afterward hahaha.

Well as you all know, I had a talk yesterday. I wrote it all earlier in the week so that I wouldnt be stressed about it. But then Sunday morning was when it hit me and we have a huge ward and so I was a bit nervous. The day before... on Saturday I was telling my little best pal here named Marcella (she is 6) about how I have to give a talk and that I am nervous and this was her advice to me... ok Parker, you need to take a deep breath and realize that you can do this. You need to get up there and tell everyone ok I am a little nervous but I have a lot to say. Then you need to talk with confidence and when you are done you need to be confident with all that you said.... hahahahahaha She is the cutest thing ever. I was trying not to laugh because it was so cute... and coming from a 6 year old. She is the best. Then Sunday after my talk she was like ok, so how did it go tell me everything. hahaha. Anyways so about my talk... I prayed a lot for guidance and comfort. We showed up at church and our Mission President happened to be there too hahaha. So it was a bit scary but I got up there and delivered my talk so well. There was a time when I just started talking about I don't even remember and it was all like perfect Spanish. I couldn't believe it was coming out of my mouth and it was nothing I had written. It was crazy. My whole talk went really well and I wasn't that nervous. I talked about how missionary work can reach the hearts of others. There was a man there from Utah that is here to help with the Cause for Hope and he came up to me and said, wow your Spanish is so good, I really enjoyed your talk. I was like wow, thank you. And then President Monestel came up and told me I did a great job and that he was proud of me. It was so great, but I know I was helped so I said a prayer of thanks.

Oh, I took 20 dollars out of my account because I had some extra things I had to buy this week. Hope that is ok. Oh and I am back to doing my own laundry again because the lady that was doing it took like a week and I can get it all done in one day. So I mean... sorry if I come back hunchback... their sink things are for midgets. hahahaha. Well, I hope that you all have a fabulous week and know that I love and pray for you always. Thanks for all that you do for me. And I am sending letters out today to Kev, Fro, Cottam, Karisa Rosander, and Memaw because I got letters from them all a little while ago. Thanks to everyone. con mucho amor, Hermana Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment