Friday, February 15, 2013

February 11, 2013



Well... this week started off very well... and then it went down to not so good. Well up until Thursday was great. We actually found out that one of our converts... well not one that I baptized but that my comp did before me but someone we visit a lot was sick in the hospital. So we had to ask permission to go and see him. They told us we could go and so we went... not knowing what we were about to see. So we walked in and they told us he is so bad that he cannot remember anyone or anything. So we were like ok we are prepared. We walked in and he was supppper swollen and he was a complete vegetable. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. So then he couldn´t talk, walk, eat, see, nothing. He would only scream from pain. What happened is that he drank his whole life and about 4 years ago almost died because of it. He has like an infection in his stomach that since 4 years ago he has had some toxins leaking into his blood and finally on Thursday it entered into his brain. well, about 7 months ago he found the true church and got baptized. He was always a very smart, loving, happy person. He would always say and what does Hermana Parker say? Such a cute guy of 60 years. Great person. Well, that just really effected my companion and so then we went home and from that day on it has been hard. So then I woke up on Friday and took a shower getting ready for our district meeting but we didn't go. My companion cried and cried all day. It was very hard. I feel very blessed because there was a lady in our house... well she owns the house we live in but she helped me a lot. Then I called the bishop and he came over to give a blessing and he came with a family from UTAH . They were awesome and the cute lady told me she could call my mom for me. So I was so happy to hear that you guys got to talk to her. She is super cute and a sweet lady. I didn´t know that bishop spoke perfect English either. hahaha. so funny. But after that my comp went back to bed and slept all the way until the new day... but I was supposed to be watching her. So I haven´t been sleeping much. I finally was talking with the elders and they called our Pres for us. So then on saturday they called us and said that the guy had died that morning and we had to go to his viewing. So we went and I called the elders to come with us. It was just really hard on my companion. So then we left and we went to a members house and she ran into the back room and finally called the President so he said she has an interview which was today. Then on Sunday it was just crazy. After church, she told me that Pres told her that we have to do divisions. And so I was like ok if he said that that is fine. Then we went out and I was with another girl from the ward and I had a feeling to call the elders and so I called them and they were like um no you cannot do that she cannot leave you. So they came running to the church and we had to go search for her. Finally found her. Then we went home, then I finally just broke down and cried while she was asleep. I just didn´t know what to do. Then we finally talked to Pres today and I told him everything. Now we will see what happens.
Anyway, today at the office I received my BIRTHDAY package. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never gotten such wonderful gifts. Thanks to everyone. Goodnesss. Best ever. I took some pictures with everything. I am wearing the new watch. I love the new shirts, the monkey things are sooo cute. The owl neclace and stuffed animal. wow. soooo cute. The cute camel for hump day. And the book that mom sent.... um I will not be afraid to say that I cried like a little baby when I read it. Thanks soooo much. Also the rattlesnake poop that you sent is really good. That will be a fun snack. And I cannot believe you guys remembered how much I love craisons. so great. Thanks!!!!!!!! I am going to keep both watches because I couldn´t choose just one. And I also opened the valentines package yesterday because I was a little down and so that made my whole day. Thanks soooooooo much. All I have to say is that I love you alllllll Sooo much. Thanks for the valentines stuff and birthday stuff. I am soooo spoiled. I have also been getting a lot of dear elders and letters. From Cottam, from Kev, and mom and dad and Nathan and Josh and Karissa Rosander and Mema. I just sent a letter to grandma Thompson so you will get that soon Grams. Yesterday I felt down and so I read that story in the Ensign that says that the Lord has not forgotten you... it was a sister who gave the talk in conference. I read it and I felt sooo comforted. Because even though I have been so alone I know that my Father in Heaven loves me. I studied the scriptures a lot and I just had Elder Bray pick me up a Spanish book from one of the sisters who just left. Since I went to Guatemala and not Provo I kind didn't get all of the study supplies. So I finally got a great book to study and have already been working on that a lot. Today someone told me my Spanish was very good and she didn´t even know me. I feel very blessed to be learning this language. also this Sunday I will be speaking in church on the subject of missionary work and I will be using Lorenzo Snow´s book. It talks about how as missionaries we are not here for ourselves but we are here to help others learn and progress and come to the knowledge that there is a God and that He loves us. It´s so true. Like the other day I was thinking about some of my personal goals and I was like wow, I need to work on myself too because I am just focused on other people. Like I have so many goals for others but not a ton for myself. It´s super funny. But I guess through helping others I am becoming better and growing even more. That´s what the mission is about... serving others. not baptisms or numbers. Once a missionary can come to this knowledge, the better the missionary will be. I want to share my testimony that I know without a doubt that our Father in Heaven loves us. That he knows us and that he wants what is best for us. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses and he is always there. I have been studying a lot of the atonement and even in the bible I read in Matthew yesterday that it talks about how much Jesus loves and feels the needs of others. While he was here he only served and preached and healed. He did nothing for himself. He is the perfect example and I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve him. I love you alll soooo much. Thanks for everything. Love always Hermana Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment