Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012

Wow, reading my parents emails this week brought tears to my eyes. You are two of the most powerful and spiritual people that I have ever known. Thank you so much. Yes dad, I have a fridge and we have a nice bathroom too. We do not have healthy running water but I have a filter that I use. Mom, I am glad that you like your new job. How fun that would be to work with that beautiful smiling face.

Ok so this week I have a lot to talk about. First, last sunday we went to one of the elders investigating families to visit them and we all just felt for some reason to go over there. We heard someone crying but knocked on the door and the husband answered and we were like um, hi can we come in and teach you something and he said um hold on. Then he left and then the little girl ran out and said my dad was hitting my mom because she wants to get married and baptized but he doesn´t want to. So then we left and the next day she called the elders and said right when we knocked he had just started beating her but then we knocked and he quit. If we hadn´t had gone she would have been badly hurt. What a blessing to have the spirit in our lives. So then on friday I had the lesson for district class and it was so good and I didn´t even have to use my notes. I just taught and my spanish was fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! It´s coming for sure.


So then Saturday us 4 ( the elders and us) set up a huge activity called the Book of Mormon experience. And it was super awesome. I will send pictures next week, I forgot my cord this week. But it was super awesome. We made a tunnel of time and then we all dressed up and we had King Laban and Lehi and we had a liahona and we all played parts. They made boats, we made a fake fire and we had a water balloon fight for the war with Captain Moroni. It was all really planned out and we worked all Saturday. It was a great success and a ton of people showed up. Then on that same day we had to go get something in the house but my companion left the key in the house and it was POURING rain and we were getting completely soaked and then I was just out there with my umbrella which didn´t work because it was windy too and I just closed my eyes and said please Heavenly Father, help us. We are wet and cold and tired. Please help us get into the house because we need to get back to the church for our activity and then not even joking 5 seconds later our neighbor, who shares the yard with us was like come in come in. And we were able to get into our house. I knew that it was an answer to my prayer. I was so happy and I know that my prayers are heard. So yesterday I decided since it´s my last fast sunday here in Diria that I needed to give my testimony. It went super good and everyone in the crowd was crying. But yeah today we found out that my companion will be training so on the 14 I will leave this area. It´s really sad because I will miss everyone a lot but it´s part of the mission. I love you all so much! Thanks for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep moving forward and remember to always choose the RIGHT! Love, Court

No comments:

Post a Comment