Sunday, May 13, 2012

Visiting Guatemala

Nathans rainbow was
so adorable and thanks for the pictures they are hanging in my closet
right now! Thanks for the dear elders as well. I appreciate all of the
letters. I love getting them so please keep sending. Probably start
sending to nicaragua soon though because it is getting late and on
monday I will only have 2 weeks left here. Spanish is coming along. I mean I cant say that much yet but I am able to teach and I have
learned the gospel vocabulary to some extent so I am thankful to know that. WOW sooo awesome that mom and dad bore their testimonies on sunday because so did I!!!!!! And in spanish hahahaha. Yeah, thats right I did in spanish and the spirit was so strong that day that I just had to get up. Thanks for your sweet testimonies mom and dad. You are the best parents ever and I hope you both know how much I care for each of you. I talk about you often and I know that I am blessed to have you. We watched the joseph smith movie sunday and it was seriously amazing. I have seen it a bunch of times and it was never as spiritual as it was this time. I saw it in a whole new way. It was amazing and I cried and cried because of the sacrifice that Joseph Smith was willing to give for the gospel. Ok so this is for Tay, Our trip to the big map of guatemala was amazing!!!! And I took some pictures for you because I couldnt believe how much the spirit was there when my president was telling us about guatemala. So they arent positive obviously but taylors mission is actually where they think Christ came in the first coming. It was amazing. He was telling us
where Nephi was and where zarahemla was and all of that stuff and he was giving us proof kind of and it all sounded so right. They dont
know for sure but taylor is probably serving where Christ came. I
think thats amazing and I wanted him to know that.
I hope all is well you deserve the best! TK is not here yet. I
think there was a problem with his visa. Tell Nat and Jeff thanks so much for the dear elders. I hope miles and holly had a great birthday! I wrote them last
week and will try to write jeff back today. Let haley know that I love her and that I sent off a letter last week. Also, Jen, I love you too. I wrote you about 2 weeks ago but I didnt know you moved so make sure you get it from the pink house. Chan, I got your letter. Thanks so much I love you and I am glad you are doing well!!! Thanks for the support everyone. Family, This week when I was reading moroni 5:2 (the sacrament scripture) I was reading it as if it were just to me... like "which was shed for ME" and that "I must always have the spirit to be with ME" and it gave sacrament a whole new meaning. Try doing that this sunday at church and I promise you will feel the Saviors love for you. He died for every single one of us and he loves us so much. There is an elder in my district who just found out last night that his grandparents had passed away. It broke my heart and my companion and I just cried and cried all night long. I just admire his dedication to the work and I want all of the people in my mission to know that we can return to our families and that we can always be with them if we have faith and follow Christ. I have gained such a strong testimony. I have only been here 3 weeks and I know way more than I have ever known
about the gospel. I am so grateful to be in this church. Thanks mom
and dad for raising me to believe and to help me stay on the right
path. I am so grateful. I pray for you all everyday. I pray for your
health and for you all to keep making the right decisions. Always know you can turn to God whenever you are down and He will be there for you. thats so crazy about the rattle snake. I cant believe that but I am so glad that no one was hurt. Thats scary. Actually when we were out teaching the other week this man walked by me and took off his hat and started bowing to me and at first I thought it was like cute that he would do that but then he started talking and my companion who was then a latina said rapido rapido! Which means get out of there basically and I was so scared because he kept following me but then we finally got away. The latins are really obsessed with us north americans. Its really funny at the mtc. We just got a whole new group of ppl because all of the latinos left after 3 weeks. I am almost done here and I am learning lots. Spanish is still rough but I am learning everyday and teaching everyday to practice. Things are great. Love you!!!! Talk to you soon!!! 15 minutes though only. Also, make sure its 3 guatemala time. Thanks bye

No comments:

Post a Comment