Sunday, May 13, 2012

Saturday May 5th 2012

I havent gotten a letter from you let but dearelders get here every
thursday night and this time i got 10 and I was soooooo pumped and
everyone was jealous and I was so happy!!!! Sorry I cant read all of
your emal sometimes so if I dont answer all of your questions I am
sorry!!!! First and foremost I need you to know that I will be calling
on MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy when I heard that. They
will call you and set up a time so make sure you answer the phone
please. or we cant talk. ok so I have so much to tell you and I hope I
can say it all in the time I have left!!! Basically last sunday was so
amazing! So every sunday its like this huge hunger games and they call
up 6 speakers to talk and we have to just be put on the spot and we
have to teach in spanish. crazy!!!! Last week our talk was on faith
and I was praying I wouldnt get called up because the latinos would
die of trying to be patient. But I did not get called but then in
sunday school my companinon and I had to teach on tithing and we had
prepared on a different topic but the teacher changed it so it was
scary but I was relying on the spirit to help me and I did very well
and I even started crying and the spirit was so strong. Then that
night we all watched the testaments and after the movie was over my
whole zone was quiet for like 10 minutes and tears were streaming down
everyones faces. It was so intense and I felt Christs love for us so
much. He died for US!!!! All of us and he suffered so much so that we
could be happy. It amazes me. Then the best day ever was on tuesday
and we got to go out into the city and teach people. My companion and
I got split up and I was with a sister that didnt know any english so
sometimes we had a hard time communicating. Then I was in charge of
introducing ourselves and then she would teach. We got 7 contact cards
and this is the best part.... This lady we were teaching was saying
she was a diff religion and we talked about the gospel to her and she
was so nice and she could feel the spirit i just know it because I
could feel it and I had no idea what they were even talking about. And
then all of the sudden the spirit told me to take out my book of
mormon and give it to her. I was so scared but I pulled it out and I
bore my testimony of the book of mormon to her and my eyes filled up
with tears and I told her how it was so true and that I have felt the
spirit testify to me when I read that its a true book. She looked at
me as if what I was telling her was something she had always wanted to
hear. She was so interested. I wrote my name in the book of mormon and
she told me she would read it. As soon as I walked away I started
bawling. The spirit was so strong and I was so happy and I pray for
her everyday because I want her to read it and find out for
herself!!!!! it is sooo poor here. Like crazy dogs are just laying
almost dead on the streets. Noone is out working everyone is just
walking the streets with their families. Its soooo poor. Be so
thankful for everything that you have because they have nothing and
they are happy here. The people are sooo nice. So this week I went to
the temple and the lady that helped me didnt know english so I had to
do the whole thing in spanish but for some reason I was able to say
everything and didnt stumble and I had never even heard the words
before. I know it was only because I was in the temple doing the right
thing. So its crazy here there are HUGE bugs and its wayy hot. It was
88 in my room this morning but I actually like it so it wasnt bad. So
I was having a way hard time with spanish and I started praying really
hard. Not even kidding, about 10 minutes later a new book from provo
came for all of us and it was an answer to my prayer. I am soooo glad
that I am here. I know that I am where I need to be. I got letters
from haley, nat and fam and jeff and fam and They should know Im
writing them back today. P day is the best. Tuesday we get to go on a
huge trip and see book of mormon sights. I cant wait!!!! And we get to
go to wendys I am so excited. We played soccer yesterday and I was
schooling all the guys hahaha. they were like all wanting me on their
team it was funny!!!!! I actually dont know when Im leaving here. they
are not very organized but its either 28 or 21 of this month!!!! happy
cinco de mayo!!!! they dont celebrate in guatemala but thats ok. So
this elder was saying his friend went to border of mexico on his
mission like where tay is going and said that they were teaching
tribal people and they were saying that they had heard what they were
teaching from their ancestors!!!!! I couldnt believe it. Taylor will
get so many baptisms I cannot wait for him. He will do soooo
great!!!!! I am doing sooo good and we have been practicing teaching
in spanish a lot!!!!! Seriously learning so much and getting new
sentences I can teach about everyday. I am learning and I cant believe
I was at zero spanish when I arrived. I love it here and yes sometimes
it can be hard but then I think of the love I have for my family and
this gospel and it makes serving so much easier. I miss everyone 
and Love you all soooo much!!! Tell everyone how grateful I am for their
support and I will be talking to you in a week!!!!! Mom, dad, jo, tay,
lolo, josh, nate I love you!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment