Tuesday, November 12, 2013

September 30, 2013

Hi everyone! Well, it is hard to hear about grandma Parker but I know without a shadow of a doubt that her spirit still lives and that she is no longer suffering. I am so grateful for the love and support that she has shown me throughout my whole life. I am so glad that she wrote me throughout my mission and that I could always be close with her. She was an amazing woman and I am grateful to have had her in my life. I have so many priceless memories and I am so blessed for that! It also gives me even a greater appreciation for the plan of salvation. It is so perfect, without any flaw or any error. I know that God loves us and that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can be comforted in times like these. I know that she is proud of me as I am finishing this amazing mission. Dad, I know she loves you so much and she was blessed to have you as her son. You always helped her whenever she needed you and you always showed your love for her.
This week I had to give the zone conference lesson. It was a bit scary but I did it. I talked about never giving up and we did a few practices. Everyone participated and did so great! This week an Elder in my zone had to go home, it was a bit sad but he wasn't doing the things that he should be. It is so sad to see missionaries who do not recognize who they are as representatives of Jesus Christ. We had a baptism so that was great to finish my last Saturday with a baptism!!!!! Itza got baptized and she looked soooo beautiful. I am so proud of her. After the baptism we were all in a bus and it was POURING. Water was even entering the bus... which is like a school bus. Super tall but it was crazy. There were cars stopped in the road and everything so I am praying that nothing like that will happen while you are here. We got a few pictures but it was night time so you cannot see it very well. We had a very successful week and we had a lot of people show up to church. It was so great. My companion will be training so I am excited for her. They will have the baptism for Armando the 12 of October. I am so proud of him, he is so ready and progressing really fast. I am sad that I will not be able to be here for it but I am very glad that he is changing his life and finding Christ.

Well, this day is very bitter sweet for me. I now have one more full day to work hard as a missionary in Nicaragua. I sure will miss this amazing responsibility that I have had for the past year and a half. I have learned sooo much. I have learned how to be a better person. I have learned how to truely love others. I have learned more about myself than I ever have in my life before the mission. I have learned that I am my best convert. That while I was there teaching others and studying for others, I was converted even more than them. I have learned how to work with the spirit. I have learned SO many things that will shape my life forever. I am so blessed, I am so grateful that I was given this chance, I will never forget the things that I learned on the mission. It has been a little hard having to try to accept that I am leaving but I am excited to start a new phase in my life. I have many goals for the future and will fight forever to reach them. I have become closer with my Father in Heaven and I have gained a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ through personal revelation. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your love and support. Thank you for faithfully writing me every week, for sending me letters, and packages. For encouraging me when I was sad or upset, thank you for helping me with the economic part of serving the mission. I know that is a huge sacrifice and you were willing to help without questioning. I have never been so happy in my life. Thanks so much for EVERYTHING! Every single day, minute, second is a blessing from God. May we all remember the every day blessings that we are given. I love you so much! cannot believe this is my last email from Nicaragua! Have a safe flight and I look forward to seeing you on WEDNESDAY! love HERMANA PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment